Things to consider when picking wedding flowers
Choosing wedding flowers is an important aspect of wedding planning, as they can greatly enhance the overall look and feel of your special day. Here are some things to consider when picking wedding flowers:
- Budget: Determine how much you're willing to spend on flowers. Be clear about your budget from the outset, as this will help you make choices that are both beautiful and cost-effective.
- Wedding Theme and Style: Consider the theme, style, and colour scheme of your wedding. Your flowers should complement and enhance these elements.
- Season: Opt for flowers that are in season. Seasonal flowers are generally more affordable and are more likely to be of higher quality.
- Venue: Think about the location of your wedding. The size and style of your venue can influence your choice of flowers. For example, a rustic barn wedding might call for different flowers than a formal ballroom affair.
- Personal Preferences: Consider your own personal taste. Do you have favourite flowers or colours that you'd like to incorporate into the arrangements?
- Bouquet: Your bouquet is one of the most important floral elements. Choose a bouquet that not only complements your dress but also fits comfortably in your hands.
- Bridal Party: Don't forget the bouquets and boutonnieres for your bridal party. They should coordinate with your bouquet and the overall colour scheme.
- Centerpieces: Think about the table centerpieces for your reception. They should match the overall style and theme of your wedding.
- Floral Arrangements: Consider where you'd like to place floral arrangements. Popular spots include the altar, aisle, arch, and reception tables.
- Vase and Container Choice: The type of vase or container can greatly impact the look of the arrangements. Think about whether you prefer traditional vases, mason jars, or other unique containers.
- Scent: Some flowers are highly fragrant, while others have little to no scent. Consider whether you want scented flowers in your arrangements.
- Durability: Flowers can wilt, especially in hot weather. Consider the weather conditions and how long the flowers need to last. Some flowers are more resilient than others.
- Quantity: Be clear about how many flowers you'll need for each aspect of your wedding, from the ceremony to the reception.
- Consult with a Florist: It's a good idea to consult with a professional florist. They can provide expert advice, suggest suitable flowers, and help you stay within your budget.
- Delivery and Setup: Ensure you have a plan for the delivery and setup of the flowers. This is typically handled by the florist or a designated individual.
- Seasonal Decor: If you're getting married close to a holiday, consider incorporating seasonal decor or flowers that are associated with that holiday.
Remember that wedding flowers play a significant role in the overall ambiance of your big day. Take your time in choosing the right ones, and don't be afraid to get creative and express your personal style.